Developer: Clap Hanz
# of Players: 1-4
N Amer - 07/17/2007
Giving Tennis the “Hot Shots” Treatment; Associate Producer
Chris Hinojosa-Miranda Talks to GamingPolo
“We feel that this sort of face-to-face four-player interactivity is true to the nature of real life tennis.”
Hot Shots Tennis Ready to Serve up High Energy Sports Action for PS2
Sony announced today the release of Hot Shots Tennis
SCEA Previews Robust Software Lineup for PLAYSTATION Platforms
More Than 30 PLAYSTATION 3 Games Highlighted; Technological Power of PlayStation Systems Demonstrated at Event
Hot Shots Franchise Heads to Courts With Hot Shots Tennis for Playstation
Sony announced today the July 2007 launch of Hot Shots Tennis
Hot Shots Tennis is ready to deliver a unique tennis game experience for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. Featuring the signature Hot Shots attitude, along with the ability to host matches of up to four players (with the PS2 multitap), Hot Shots Tennis caters to the casual and social gamer by offering pick up and play tennis action with a host of wacky characters, exotic court locations, and fun-filled game modes.
Hot Shots Tennis delivers fast-paced gameplay with brilliant graphics, detailed animations, and realistic physics that fans of the Hot Shots franchise have grown to love. With 14 characters to play and more than 10 spectacular court settings including beaches, ancient ruins, and parks, there is no shortage of Hot Shots style and personality. Incorporating an ideal blend of arcade-style action and in-depth strategy, Hot Shots Tennis includes a deep feature set allowing players to practice a variety of strokes, enter challenge modes, and play singles or engage in doubles matches with up to four players.
- Multiple Characters to Choose – 14 playable characters, along with five different chair umpires, are available, each with a distinct personality and set of tennis skills.
- Wide Variety of Court Locations – 11 different court settings are available to play, each filled with unique and vibrant visuals.
- Two player matches or Four-Player Doubles Action – Players can compete head-to-head in a quick match or engage in a party-like four player* doubles session where fun and style go hand-in-hand with match strategy. (* PS2 Multitap required)
- Single Player Mode – Play “Hot Shots Challenge Mode” where the goal is to excel in seven different player classes while unlocking additional items such as new players, character costumes, court settings, and chair umpires.
- Training Mode – Participate in various on-court drills to improve timing and skill. Players will earn scores that can be saved as a benchmark for skill progression.
- Tennis for the People – Hot Shots Tennis utilizes an intuitive control scheme that allows pick up and play arcade fun for casual gamers, but also emphasizes shot direction, timing, and angles to satisfy even the hardcore tennis gaming enthusiast.
- Signature Hot Shots Look and Feel – From the zany character behaviors and designs to the colorful locales, dramatic camera angles, and realistic physics, Hot Shots Tennis delivers tennis action that fans of the franchise have come to expect.
DualShock?2 analog controller, Memory Card (8MB)(for PlayStation?2)
Reviewer: Louis Bedigian
Review Date: 07/18/2007
The series known for its rule-bending golf franchise comes to tennis with mainstream gameplay, slightly hardcore challenges, and an excellent shot aiming system
Louis Bedigian - 05/03/2007
The precise shot controls, family-friendly characters, and inventive environments are some of the best a PS2 tennis game has seen.