Mar 26, 2008
SOE Announces Free Upgrades for GripShift on the PS3
Free upgrades for new and current players are being implemented into the North American version of GripShift today, making it significantly easier and faster for players to get around the game. Additional improvements are being made around the leaderboards making the accomplishment of getting high scores more rewarding.
ABOUT GRIPSHIFT UPGRADES
Faster Load Times: Players now experience faster load times between levels.
Leaderboards: Now accessible without having to first complete the level for which the player wishes to view the leaderboard. Also, leaderboards are expanded to include the ability to browse all entries, and now include “car type” and number of resets with entries.
Other Feature Enhancements Include:
- Ability to change the vehicle without exiting a game session.
- Ability to change controls from the in-game pause menu.
- Ability to change current the music track from the in-game pause menu.
- Access to the full “Level Select” menu from the in-game pause menu.
- Players can now jump to the top or bottom of a leaderboard even if they aren’t ranked on that board.
The upgrades go into effect on Thursday, Mar 26th for North America only. GripShift is available for download from the PLAYSTATION Network store for US$9.99.