N Amer - 08/21/2007
Sony Computer Entertainment America to Offer Limited-Edition
New PSP to Feature Sleeker Look, Video-Out Port and Limited Edition Colors
Jeanne D'Arc Brings a Visually Stunning, Tactics-Based RPG to the PS
After a Successful Launch in Japan, Level-5 Prepares to Deliver Their Unique Portable RPG to the North American
In Jeanne d’Arc, players will step into a colorful world where history meets fantasy, taking part in a magical tale inspired by the life and times of the legendary Joan of Arc.
Featuring an intricate grid-based tactical combat system, Jeanne d’Arc allows players to implement numerous special attacks and defensive strategies in turn-based battles. Players will acquire multiple characters during the adventure and will be able to use them within each battle, combining skills to create powerful combat strikes. In addition to the battle system, the characters are colorfully brought to life through animated in-game cut scenes and detailed environments set in a magical world. Showcasing incredible visuals, a rich story that melds history and fantasy, and a deep combat system, Jeanne d’Arc is ready to deliver hours of strategic RPG action to gamers anytime, anywhere.
Epic Gameplay and Dramatic Visuals – More than 40 hours of gameplay unfold through more than 40 expansive and highly detailed environments, where players will crusade through villages and battlefields to pursue the revival of France. Each of the characters features a distinctive visual appearance that fans have come to expect from Level-5, including unique, cel-shaded designs that exude charm and personality to this dramatic tale.
Tactical Combat Action – Jeanne d’Arc delivers a strategic battle system where players will engage in unique team-based attacks and defensive schemes.
- Players can combine character skills to initiate special moves and generate powerful attacks. Battles are fought in a turn-based system that takes place on a strategy grid, stretching across rolling fields and complex dungeons.
- Each battle has a limited number of turns so the player must act quickly and efficiently.
- Players can control up to seven characters during battle sequences.
Powerful Weapons –Each character is associated with a specific weapon type including swords, axes, bows, knives, shields, spears, wands, and whips.
- o Discover powerful weapons as players progress through the game.
- o Each character has the ability to use special skills exclusive to their weapon type.
Deep Skill Customization
- Customize characters with more than 150 different skills and abilities,
including magic spells and special attacks to boost overall stats.
- Multiple Playable Characters – Command up to 14 total characters throughout the adventure, allowing players to take control of a vast array of character types, including humans and beasts. Battle a variety of enemies in the quest recapture the French homeland and rid the English domination.
- Develop each character’s abilities and transform them to increase power, boost attributes, and cast magic.
- Tale Where History Meets Fantasy – Take part in a mystical story inspired by the legendary Joan of Arc, where players will explore a fantasy setting filled with ogres, dragons, and magical powers. The game brings numerous animated in-game cutscenes that bring the world to life.
Also known as: Joan of Arc [unofficial title], Jeanne d'Arc (JPN)